Four Seasons Campers Terms & Conditions/ Campervan Rental Agreement
The customer always comes first when you hire a Four Seasons Campers VW Campervan. To ensure you know exactly what to expect during your booking and hire please read our Terms and Conditions below. Please note that we have updated our cancellation terms and conditions for hires starting before 1st April 2021 to ensure for more flexibility due to COVID-19 and government travel restrictions.
1. Minimum Hire
Minimum hire of Campervan is 3 nights and you can hire our campervans for up to 30 days at a time. If you would like a 2-night hire, we can accommodate this but you will have to pay for 3 nights.
During July and August, there is a minimum hire of 7 nights unless otherwise agreed with Four Seasons Campers.
Four Seasons Campers authorises the use of this vehicle up to 4 passengers including the Driver. Each person to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst vehicle is in motion.
- Drivers must be between 23 and 75 years old. A refundable security deposit of £750 to cover Campervan Insurance Excess applies to all our VW Campervan hires with UK Drivers license and with Non-UK licenses heldwithin the EU, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand. If your license is outwith these countries, the license will be checked by our underwriters who will notify us of any additional excess. There is an additional excess of £200 for drivers age 23 to 25.
- Main Drivers must provide both paper license and Photo ID license prior to hire commencement plus 2 items of residential proof of the main Driver (2 Utility bills from separate companies less than 3 months old is required by our insurers.) If the Driver does not have a Photo License ID, the paper license and a passport is required.
- Additional Drivers must provide Photo ID license prior to hire. If the Driver does not have a Photo License ID, the paper license and a passport is required.
- Details of any additional drivers are required in advance of rental period.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets) which are incurred during the period of hire.
- Maximum of 4 drivers per rental
- All drivers must be present at Booking Hire Start Day
4. Campervan Hire Rates quoted include:
- Unlimited miles
- UK standard vehicle insurance*
- UK standard equipment & breakdown
* Insurance loading. In some cases, Four Seasons Campers will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, is using a non-UK driving license or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customers.
5. Payment of your Campervan Rental
- Availability is on a request and confirm basis at the time of reservation.
- A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Four Seasons Campers and a deposit of 50% of the Total Booking Hire Fee has been received (or deposit as agreed in writing by Four Seasons Campers). Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy will apply from this point onwards. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to you, the customer.
- Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 2 weeks (14 days) before your Booking Rental Start date for hires taken in 2021 and six weeks (42 days) prior to Booking Rental Start date for hires taken from 1st January 2022
- A refundable security deposit will be held on your preferred payment card 4 days prior to the start of your rental period to cover Insurance Excess and any damages or road traffic fines incurred. Please note that some card payment holders do not facilitate holds on cards and therefore your deposit may be charged to your card by their request. Please ensure you check with your card holder. The security deposit will be released/refunded 7 days after the end of your hire less any incurred costs for damages and fines.
- I irrevocably authorise Four Seasons Campers to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due by me to Four Seasons Campers arising out of this agreement. The security deposit will be released/refunded directly to my payment card 7 days after the return of the Campervan provided the vehicle being returned to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior and with a full fuel tank.
- I acknowledge that there will be a 24-hour cooling off period on return of the vehicle allowing the owner (Four Seasons Campers) to make a thorough inspection inside and out having washed and removed all dirt and debris to allow for such inspection. Any damages found within this 24-hour period will be notified to the hirer by photo and email and deducted from the Security Deposit accordingly.
- We reserve the right to retain a £75.00 soiling fee if the Campervan is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- We reserve the right to retain a £20 fee if the waste- water tank is not emptied.
- We reserve the right to retain a £50 fee if the porta-potti is not emptied and cleaned properly prior to the return of the vehicle
- Pick up and return times will be agreed prior to rental in writing and signed for on your Vehicle Check Sheet prior to departure with the following late charges applied for late returns:
- Up to 30 minutes late: £25
- 30 to 60 minutes late: £50
- Over 60 minutes late: £100
6. Campervan Hire Extras
- National Airport/Train Station transfer (up to 4 people) Glasgow/ Glasgow Airport: £50 each way; Edinburgh/ Edinburgh Airport: £100 each way; Stirling railway: £50 each way; Inverness Airport £150 each way. Other destinations -price on request
- Local Train/Bus Station transfer from Balloch (up to 4 people) free of charge
- Bike Rack – £25 per hire
- Dog Cleaning – £25 per hire – maximum 2 dogs per hire
- Porta Loo plus Tent – £30 per hire
- Mattress Topper – £25 per hire (VW California only)
- Child Car Seat – £20 per hire
- Child Safety Net – £10 per hire (VW California only)
- DVD Player – £15
- Free Camping Gaz is included in the price of hire with cost of replacement of camping gaz refunded if you need to re-fill it whilst on hire subject to you providing your receipt to Four Seasons Campers. We also offer a full camping gaz bottle if preferred for £50 to ensure you do not run out whilst on hire. Please note that this pays for the cost of gas only and not the bottle which will be retained by Four Seasons Campers on your return from hire.
- Concierge Service – Planning and Booking of Campsites and Ferries – £150 for up to 3 nights; £200 for up to 7 nights; £250 for up to 10 nights and £300 for up to 14 nights tour.
7. Cancellation Charges
Our Flexible Travel and Cancellation policy and charges due to COVID-19 will remain in place until the end of 2021. Our standard travel and cancellation policy will apply to holidays taken from 1st January 2022.
Flexible COVID-19 Travel Policy – Cancellation Charges for Campervan Holidays taken in 2021
Customers may make changes to their holiday reservation up to 2 weeks before hire by:
- Changing their dates to later in 2021
- Taking a credit note for their deposit to spend by end December 2022
- Receive a full refund
For bookings less than 2 weeks (14 nights) prior to rental start date customers may:
- Take a credit note for their deposit and balance to spend by end December 2022 if travel restrictions are brought into place in their area prohibiting them from travel within that two weeks prior to their rental start date (Please note this condition applies to UK residents only)
- Forfeit 100% of the total hire charge if cancelled less than 2 weeks before rental start date unless travel restrictions have been brought into place in their area within that 2 weeks prohibiting them from travel
Standard Travel Policy – Cancellation Charges for hires booked and/or taken from 1st January 2022
Customers wishing to cancel their reservation will:
- Receive a full refund of their deposit if cancelled more than 6 weeks (42 days) prior to rental start date, less a £50 administration fee
- Receive 50% of the total hire charge if cancelled between 6 and 4 weeks prior to rental start date, less a £50 administration fee
- Forfeit 100% of the total hire charge if cancelled less than 4 weeks before rental start date
8. Rental and other charges
I will pay Four Seasons Campers:
- all rental charges
- the security deposit.
- the nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle
- the cost of any damage to the vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance*
- all government fees and duties etc
- all parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period
- any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this agreement. *
- the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs*
- the cost to recover a vehicle which has become bogged.*
*This cost is up to the insurance excess amount provided all Terms and Conditions are adhered to. If the insurance deems the insurance to be invalid due to inappropriate use of the vehicle and there has been a breach by the hirer of the terms of this agreement, then the hirer will be liable for all costs.
9. Payment of charges joint and several liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this agreement are due on demand by Four Seasons Campers. If I do not pay all charges when due, I agree to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Four Seasons Campers, including reasonable legal fees. When the customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this agreement.
10. Campervan Collection and return
Collection: Please allow up to 1 hour for the hand-over of the Campervan to complete documentation and demonstrate our vehicle to you.
Return: Please allow up to half an hour on the return of your vehicle to hand over and check the condition of the vehicle. The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of fuel and returned in the same condition that it was rented to you. The vehicle must be returned on the date stated on the rental agreement and before the stated return time agreed on your Vehicle Check Sheet or confirmed in writing by email from Four Seasons Campers. The hirer must advise Four Seasons Campers if they are delayed for any reason and additional charges may be charged.
I acknowledge that having received the vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the departure checklist and with a full fuel tank:
- I will return the vehicle in a clean condition with a full fuel tank, on the return date and time set out under the heading ‘Rtn time’ in the Vehicle Check Sheet.
- I acknowledge that Four Seasons Campers will not refund to me any monies, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle, if the vehicle is returned or I cease to have the use of the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather or theft
11. Title to vehicle
I acknowledge that Four Seasons Campers retains title to the vehicle and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Four Seasons Campers credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
12. Use of the vehicle
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner;
- Used in a manner which could cause damage;
- Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Four Seasons Campers;
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
- Left unoccupied without the cd faceplate removed, steering wheel security lock applied;
- Driven by persons:
- Under the age of 23 years; or who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the vehicle are set out under the heading ‘driver details’ in the motor rental agreement.
- Damaged by:
- Submersion in water
- Contact with salt water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the vehicle manual or on the vehicle or specified in this agreement
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this agreement.
13. Alterations to the vehicle
I shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Four Seasons Campers
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including oil checks, water and batteries.
I acknowledge that Four Seasons Campers will reimburse me for expenditure up to UK £50.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drivetrain and engine of the vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio equipment) provided that:
- I produce relevant receipts
- I have received the prior consent of Four Seasons Campers
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this agreement.
Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres* damaged during the rental period and agree to:
- Contact Four Seasons Campers to notify them of damage to tyre immediately
- Await confirmation from Four Seasons Campers re replacement of tyre or tyre repair and location of repair
- Replacement of tyre to be the same tyre brand and quality or like for like if the brand is not available
- Pay the full costs of repair or replacement directly to the garage or be liable for all costs of replacement
I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol.)
*For customers who have taken out our Premium IDW the cost tyre damage is not chargeable to the customer.
15. Responsibility when accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle:
- I will notify Four Seasons Campers immediately of the happening of the event. I will call them but if contact cannot be made then I will email them to notify them of damages and await for a response before leaving the place of the accident
- I will obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
- I will not make any admission of liability to other parties; settlement offer or other like offer
- I will assist Four Seasons Campers in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence
- I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
- I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault. The cost of change over is dependent on the mileage from Four Seasons Campers and time taken to deliver replacement vehicle and is at the discretion of Four Seasons Campers.
- I agree that the vehicle is insured for fully comprehensive insurance for damage to the vehicle and the property and medical costs of a third party less the excess set by the insurers. (Please note that our insurance does not cover medical cover for our hirers; it only covers damages to our vehicle.)
- I will have to pay an excess for any damage. The insurance excess is £750 as agreed and paid through our security deposit (or another amount requested and agreed by Four Seasons Campers insurers for customers
- I will have to pay an excess for any damage. The insurance excess is £750 as agreed and paid through our security deposit (or another amount requested and agreed by Four Seasons Campers insurers for customers with points; or countries not covered by standard excess; or for customers who have paid for Four Seasons Campers Insurance Damage Waiver).
- The security deposit is paid to cover the insurance excess and will be set against the cost for any damage to the vehicle. Our customers are liable up to the value of the security deposit paid for the insurances excess.
- Please note that resolution of damage issues is time consuming to resolve and we reserve the right to charge an administration fee in addition to the repair cost.
- I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I am in breach of any of the terms of this agreement
- An excess is applied for windscreen damage* according to our insurer’s terms and will be taken off the hirer’s security deposit:
- £35 for chip to a windscreen
- £180 being applied for full replacement of the windscreen
- The customer will be responsible for damages to tyres* and the cost of repair or replacement will come off the security deposit.
- Four Seasons Campers offer optional Damage Waiver (IDW) cover that reduces your security deposit and Insurance Policy Excess.
- Standard IDW is available at a cost of £15 per day of hire to reduce the security deposit and insurance excess to £375. Please note that the excess for damage to windscreen and well as damage to tyres still applies and is chargeable to the customer.
- Premium IDW is available at a cost of £25 per day of hire to reduce the security deposit and insurance excess to £375. In addition, the excess for damage to windscreen, damage to tyres, and damage to wing mirror is not chargeable to the customer.
- Please note that the IDW only applies to the first insurance claim only. A second refundable security deposit will be charged at the Standard Excess Rates to continue the rental.
- Both Standard IDW and Premium IDW are completely optional and should be decided one week in advance of hire before your security deposit is held. IDW cannot be taken out after this date.
*For customers who have taken out our Premium IDW the cost of the windscreen charge excess (£35 or £180) and tyre damage is not chargeable to the customer.
17. Release and indemnity of Four Seasons Campers
Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle, I release Four Seasons Campers, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Four Seasons Campers premises or recovered or handled by Four Seasons Campers.
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Four Seasons Campers, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Four Seasons Campers, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the vehicle.
- Instances beyond Four Seasons Campers control that means they cannot release the vehicle to me due to a prior accident or fault with the vehicle. In this instance, Four Seasons Campers will endeavor to find a replacement vehicle or give a full refund of the price of hire to the customer.
18. Road restrictions
- All vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads.
- I acknowledge that Four Seasons Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause
- I will not allow any animals to be carried in the vehicle without the prior consent of Four Seasons Campers
- I will pay the additional cleaning charge of £25 for up to two dogs and understand that I am expected to return the vehicle interior in a reasonable condition, cleaned of visible pet hair and dirt to the best of my ability.
- I acknowledge that Four Seasons Campers reserves the right to charge me an additional cleaning fee (in addition to the pet cleaning fee of £25) if reasonable efforts to clean the campervan of pet hair and dirt have not been made.
20. Definitions of terms and conditions
- Definitions of terms and conditions ‘i’,’me’ and ‘my’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers; ‘this agreement’ means the rental agreement, the insurance motor rental agreement and these terms and conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these terms and conditions and any other Four Seasons Campers literature, the provisions of these terms and conditions apply.
- Four Seasons Campers – ‘Means Four Seasons Campers owned by Liz Mackenzie-Mavor, Gallangad Lodge, Gartocharn, West Dunbartonshire, G83 9LX
- ‘customer’ -Means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘hire details’ on the insurance motor rental agreement and any person whose credit card is presented in payment of the customer’s charges.
- ‘living equipment’ – Includes but is not limited to tv/dvd player, cd player, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils.
- ‘Over head damage’ – All drivers must be aware of the (unusual) height of the motorhome and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear – the obvious examples are low bridges and height restrictions into car parks etc. In this event neither the basic insurance nor collision damage waiver will apply and the hirer will be responsible for the repair of all damages. Overhead damage is deemed as any damage to any part of the vehicle which occurs above 6 feet (1.83 metres) and or any third party property. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £750 or other amount as agreed by our insurers for licenses outwith UK and EU. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable up to the full amount of the security deposit paid. The hirer will also be fully liable for all overhead damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence and replacement or repair of windows and windscreens or tyre damage.
- ‘rental period’ – Means the hire period referred to under the heading ‘booking details’ on the rental agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control
- ‘vehicle’ – Means the vehicle described under the heading ‘vehicle details’ on the rental agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Four Seasons Campers.
- ‘security deposit’ – Means the vehicle security deposit detailed under the heading ‘vehicle security deposit’ in the insurance motor rental agreement. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £750 or other amount as agreed by our insurers for licenses outwith UK and EU.
- ‘insurance damage waiver (IDW)’ – Means the Four Seasons Campers insurance option that reduces the hirer insurance policy excess for the first insurance claim in the event of an accident or damage to the vehicle
21. Terminating the agreement
I acknowledge that Four Seasons Campers may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if;
- I am in breach of any term of this agreement;
- I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Four Seasons Campers reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
- Four Seasons Campers considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the security deposit
Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Four Seasons Campers and by me.
23. Proper law
This agreement shall be governed by the law of Scotland in which this agreement was signed.
24. My warranties
I warrant that all information supplied by me to Four Seasons Campers in connection with this agreement is true.
25. Entire agreement
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Four Seasons Campers reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.