COVID-19 UPDATES ON CANCELLATION POLICY AND OUR TRAVEL POLICY
Updated 25th June 2020
We are delighted to announce that we will have campervans available to hire from 3rd July 2020 as per the Scottish Governments new advice this week. It is of the utmost importance that as Scotland re-opens the tourism industry, we all play our part in keeping local communities, holiday makers and our staff safe whilst the Coronavirus still poses a threat. With this in mind, the re-opening will be staggered with certain restrictions still in place from 3rd July to 14th July for touring campervans and campsites, before further lifting of restrictions on 15th July.
We are currently taking steps to make sure that the business is ready to welcome you back from the 3rd July with new systems and procedures in place to enable social distancing and deep-cleaning of our campervans and our premises. Please read below our new cancellation and travel policies for greater flexibility when booking; our new deep cleaning and social distancing measures; and the most up-to-date advise from the Scottish Government regarding the re-opening of the tourism industry in Scotland to campervans.
As you will see from the government advice, we would ask that you contact campsites in advance of your holiday and make your reservation with them before travelling. We would also encourage you to engage the services of local activities and retailers on your trip to sustain these local businesses and communities until the next season.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back and are available to have a chat and answer your questions. As you can appreciate, our phone lines are busy with the pent up demand for holidays so you may get a faster response by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. What doesn’t break us makes us stronger and we look forward to giving you that well- deserved break.
See you soon!
Liz and the Four Seasons Campers Crew
NEW CANCELLATION POLICY FOR 2020
Customers may make changes for their holidays up to 2 weeks before hire by:
- Changing their dates to later in 2020 or 2021 and changing again if social distancing regulations are still in place prohibiting their booking
- Taking a credit note for their deposit to spend by end December 2021
- Receiving a full refund
- We have waived our booking cancellation/amendment fee for all hires in 2020
- We will review this cancellation policy at the end of 2020 and if travel restrictions are still in place then we will extend our cancellation and travel policy into 2021
NEW FLEXIBLE TRAVEL POLICY FOR 2020
- Existing and new customers will benefit from the balance of the rental being due 2 weeks before hire rather than 6 weeks before hire enabling them greater flexibility to postpone or cancel their holiday before it is due
- We will review this travel policy at the end of 2020 and if travel restrictions are still in place then we will extend our cancellation and travel policy into 2021
NEW BOOKINGS FOR 2020 AND 2021
- We remain fully operational and our website offers live availability and pricing for those wishing to book their staycation
- We hope that our new cancellation policy with 100% refund up to 14 days before hire will give you the confidence to make your reservation with confidence.
SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT ADVICE FOR THE STAGGERED RE-OPENING OF SCOTTISH TOURISM
We recommend that you contact campsites directly to check that they have availability and are able to take your reservation. All our vehicles are short-wheelbased VW Campervans with water, waste and cooking facilities on board and we have porta-loos available to hire for £30 per hire.
- Campsites can open from the 3rd July BUT they cannot open shared indoor facilities (i.e. toilet/shower blocks until 15th July). Campsites ARE allowed to let touring caravans, motorhomes and campervans use shared waste disposal point services (toilet disposal/grey water) as outdoors as long as risk assessments and cleaning protocols must be in place. Please check this with your campsite and that they are happy to accept your reservation.
- We are allowed to hire our campervans between 3rd and 14th July as long as they are fully self-contained (i.e. they have toilet facilities on board – cassette toilet/porta-potti) and have grey waste tanks of some form which ours do and we have porta potti to hire. If hiring between 3rd and 14th July, you will need to use the onboard facilities only which will require more frequent water fills and waste disposal etc. Our VW California’s that we have for hire have 30lt waste and 30lt fresh water storage.
- From the 15th July campsites can open their toilet and shower blocks, again as long as cleaning protocols are being followed.
- From 15th July, campsites and holiday parks can open indoor facilities like restaurants, bars and cafes – as long as social distancing and risk measures are in place. (Swimming pools etc are to remain closed until further announcements are made).
- A Visitor Charter is being produced which will advise visitors of good practise to help you show you are being careful and respectful in rural communities (and towns). We will update our website with a link to this when available.
NEW COVID-19 DEEP CLEANING AND HANDOVER PROCEDURES
- We will send our customers a handover video before their hire and show them this again when they arrive in the campervan so that they can see how the campervan operates in practise.
- Our staff will be on hand for questions from a safe distance for the handover and will be wearing visors and protective clothing.
- Hand-sanitiser is available in our reception area should a customer need to come into the premises.
- All our vehicles are meticulously cleaned with antibacterial cleaning agents
- All interior surfaces and switches are cleaned with antibacterial cleaner
- The front driving cab including gear stick and steering wheel are cleaned with antibacterial cleaner
- All kitchen equipment is washed through a dishwasher to sterilise before each hire
- Floors and upholstery are cleaned using professional cleaning agents
- All staff wear facemasks/visors, gloves and protective clothing during handovers and cleaning procedures
- Bedding, linen and towels are professionally medically cleaned in separate disintegrating steam bags to offer the highest sanitisation
- All additional items such as outdoor chairs and tables are cleaned using antibacterial cleaning agents between hires
- All vehicles will remain unused for 24 hours between hires for further sanitisation unless otherwise requested by customer.
More Information and Useful Links
We are fully supporting the the UK ‘Good-to-go’ campaign which is a self-assessed mark for businesses to say that we are following appropriate Govt guidelines.
We are proud to be part of CAMPA – the Campervan and Motorhome Professional Assosciation . Please follow the link here to CaMPA’s website for more information on Motorhome Disposal Points around Scotland and advise on best practice when informal camping.