COVID-19 UPDATES ON CANCELLATION POLICY AND OUR TRAVEL POLICY
Updated 25th November 2020
We are keeping a close eye on the Scottish Governments new advice this week and the reintroduction of measures to help keep our communities safe from further spread of the Coronavirus. We have taken the difficult decision to take our campervans off hire until Thursday 17th December in order to help stop the spread of Covid-19 in Scotland.
We are continuing to take all necessary measures with our cleaning regimes and handover regimes to ensure both our customer’s and our staff’s safety. (Please see our deep-cleaning procedures below).
We have extended our 2020 Travel policy and cancellation policy (see below)to the end of March 2021 to allow for greater flexibility to customers in these times of great uncertainty and we are grateful to all our customers who have chosen to postpone their holidays with us to later this year or next year rather than cancel.
We are delighted to say that some things in life never change and Scotland is still as beautiful as it always was, and made even prettier by the change of season and the beautiful autumn colours. We are hoping to get back out on the road as soon as possible and will be posting our lovely snow capped mountain pics on our social media so stay tuned if you are in lockdown just now and start planning your trip!
If you are looking to travel to Scotland in the coming weeks please make sure you:
- Read the current Coronavirus advice https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/ from the Scottish government to ensure that we all keep safe.
- Book campsites in advance of your holiday – we are currently finalising our list of winter open campsites which we will publish on our website shortly.
- Download the NHS Test and Protect App if you haven’t done so already.
- Engage the services of local activity providers and retailers on your trip to sustain these local businesses and communities in what has been a testing year for tourism.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and please feel free to call us if you have any concerns about booking or travelling. As our staff take some much needed holidays after a crazy Covid-19 year, we will be working intermittent hours with home working so you may get a faster response by emailing us at email@example.com.
See you soon!
Liz and the Four Seasons Campers Crew
NEW CANCELLATION POLICY FOR 2020
Customers may make changes for their holidays up to 2 weeks before hire by:
- Changing their dates to later in 2020 or 2021 and changing again if social distancing regulations are still in place prohibiting their booking
- Taking a credit note for their deposit to spend by end December 2021
- Receiving a full refund
- We have waived our booking cancellation/amendment fee for all hires in 2020 and to the end of March 2021.
- We will review this cancellation policy in March 2021 and if tight Covid restrictions are still in place. we will extend our cancellation and travel policy to ensure that customers may make their reservations with certainty
NEW FLEXIBLE TRAVEL POLICY FOR 2020
- Existing and new customers will benefit from the balance of the rental being due 2 weeks before hire rather than 6 weeks before hire enabling them greater flexibility to postpone or cancel their holiday before it is due
- We will review this travel policy at the end of March 2021 and if travel restrictions are still in place then we will extend our cancellation and travel policy into the 2021 season
NEW BOOKINGS FOR 2020 AND 2021
- Our website offers live availability and pricing for those wishing to book their staycation for this year and next year.
- We hope that our new cancellation policy with 100% refund up to 14 days before hire will give you the confidence to make your reservation with confidence.
NEW COVID-19 DEEP CLEANING AND HANDOVER PROCEDURES
- We send our customers a handover video before your hire so that you can see how the campervan operates in practise.
- Our staff will talk you through how everything operates when you arrive but will do so from a safe distance for the handover and will be wearing visors and protective clothing. We ask that our customers wear masks and sanitise their hands prior to the handover.
- Hand-sanitiser is available in our reception area should a customer need to come into the premises.
- All our vehicles are meticulously cleaned using anti bacterial cleaning agents and strict cleaning procedures are adhered to:
- Our vehicles are ‘fogged’ on return from hire before our staff then empty them completely wearing masks, gloves and aprons
- Our vehicles are then emptied of all equipment with dry equipment stored in boxes for 3 days to quarantine and dishwasher safe equipment washed and steamed in dishwasher
- Strict cleaning procedures are adhered to with the cleaning process starting in the rear of the campervan through to the front of the vehicle to avoid cross infection.
- All interior surfaces and switches are cleaned with antibacterial cleaner
- The front driving cab including gear stick and steering wheel are cleaned with antibacterial cleaner
- Floors and upholstery are cleaned using professional cleaning agents
- Bedding, linen and towels are professionally medically cleaned in separate disintegrating steam bags to offer the highest sanitisation
- Duvets and pillows are quarantined for 3 days to disinfect
- All additional items such as outdoor chairs and tables are cleaned using antibacterial cleaning agents between hires
- The campervan is then fogged again prior to the new hirer arriving
Clear Fog CF35 – Ultimate Disinfectant Cleansing
We have a fogging machine which blasts hypochlorous acid into the enclosed campervan. The electro-dialysis process produces two separate solutions from a double chambered cell; the positive chamber produces a solution containing a range of oxidisers and a small amount of hypochlorous acid. The negative chamber produces sodium hydroxide.
Hypochlorous acid is one of the most effective known biocides. This weak acid with the chemical name HClO or HOCl is the same oxidant the human body produces to protect and heal – it’s now considered nature’s germ killer. CFLD has been tested and proven to be a killer of multiple viruses and bacterias. Formal coronavirus test are being undertaken but all informal tests show that CFLD does destroy COVID-19, like any other virus.
CFLD achieves a 6 log reduction (99.9999%) in microbial counts with < 1 minute contact time. It is effective against bacteria, viruses, yeasts, moulds and spores. It is compliant with British Standards BS1276, 1040 and 13704.
More Information and Useful Links
We are fully supporting the the UK ‘Good-to-go’ campaign which is a self-assessed mark for businesses to say that we are following appropriate Govt guidelines.
We are proud to be part of CAMPA – the Campervan and Motorhome Professional Assosciation . Please follow the link here to CaMPA’s website for more information on Motorhome Disposal Points around Scotland and advise on best practice when informal camping.