Top Tips for you to plan your road trip around Scotland
Road trip Scotland? If you’re planning a road trip around Scotland, you’ve come to the right place. Based near Glasgow and Edinburgh in the beautiful Loch Lomond National Park, Four Seasons Campers is ideally located to start your road trip around Scotland.
We are here every step of the way to assist you and can offer your the following support to get you started on planning your road trip Scotland:
- Advise on where to go and things to see to get the most out of your holiday: we have a multitude of road trip tour routes available with great wild camping spots included
- Advise on what to bring depending on time of year for your trip: our incredibly well equipped campervans make packing for your road trip to Scotland. The weather may be variable but you will always be cosy in our heated insulated campervans.
- Full detailed campervan handover so you can start your holiday with confidence: for many of our customers, this is the first time they have booked a campervan holiday ; our fully inclusive customer care makes sure you feel supported every step of the way, from planning your road trip, to organising pick up and drop off and talking you through our easy to drive campervans.
- The best time of year to visit Scotland for your road trip: any time of year is great for a road trip to Scotland! If you have certain things you want to see or do such as spot otters or puffins, swim in the sea or spy rutting stags, then we can suggest the right time of year to visit to ensure you get the most our of your road trip to Scotland
- Full 24/7 customer support throughout your road trip around Scotland ensuring you can feel relaxed
Road Trip Scotland: Four Seasons Campers Tour Routes for Campervans
We would be delighted to assist you in planning your road trip around Scotland when you hire one of our campervans. Whether you have visited Scotland before or this is your first time travelling to Scotland, we would be delighted to share our tried and tested campervan tour routes. You can take a look at our uploaded tour routes on the website and email us for more detailed tour routes around Scotland which include our suggested ‘wild’ camping spots. We also have a list of recommended campsites around Scotland plus map co-ordinates for the most beautiful wild camping spots to stop at on your road trip Scotland. If you need some more assistance, let us know and we can add some further suggestions for your route free of charge.
Each Four Seasons Campers Campervan Tour routes provide the following information:
- Spectacular wild camping spots
- Small and friendly campsites
- The best restaurants and Inns to eat at around Scotland
- Beautiful walks with spectacular scenery
- Easy and interesting Scottish cycle routes
- Historical sites and Scottish Castles
Bespoke Scottish Campervan Tours for our campervan customers
Fancy the freedom of a campervan road trip Scotland but not got time to plan? We would be delighted to put together a bespoke road trip route for you and book all your ferries and campsites for you as required. There is an additional fee of £150 for this service plus the fees for ferry and campsites.
Booking Ferries for your road trip around Scotland
The beauty of touring Scotland in a campervan is that you have freedom to explore and park up for the night where ever you please, however, we would recommend that if you are planning on visiting Scotland’s islands and taking a ferry journey, you book the ferry in advance, particularly in the busy summer months.
Our VW campervan is built on a short-wheel base and is 4.9m long so when you are booking tick the 4.6 -5.0 m length box. Caledonian MacBrayne offer an excellent service around the Inner and Outer Hebrides and Clyde sea routes. You can contact them at email@example.com or call 0800 066 5000 (+44 1475 650397 for International calls)
If you have several ferry journeys then we recommend booking an Island Hopper ticket. It costs the same price but will be quicker for checking in at the ferry port than individual tickets.
Please note that Bookings for Calmac ferries for 2019 are open from 31st October 2018.
Caledonian Macbrayne’s website shows most ferry routes around Scotland however there are some additional routes such as the original Skye ferry from Glenelg to Kylerhea which can be found on other websites. The larger ferries are bookable but many are not and are served on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Booking campsites for your road trip around Scotland
The growth in popularity of a campervan and motorhome holidays to Scotland has meant that many of Scotland’s campsites can get busy for many months of the year, especially around Easter and June, July and August. Whilst it is lovely to have the freedom to roam, we would recommend that if you are intending to camp at some of the popular campsites on Skye and around the NC500 route, that you call or email the campsite in advance and make a reservation to avoid disappointment.
We are delighted to offer our customers up to 30% discounts through our Privilege Membership for Camping and Caravan Club Campsites and Camping in the Forest Campsites. Our membership gives you access and discounts to over 110 campsites through out the UK. Please note that there are a couple of exceptions for Privilege Members to Camping and Caravan Club Sites and Luss campsite by us on Loch Lomond is for full members only and therefore not available to Four Seasons Campers customers.
Tips when booking your campsite:
You will be asked if you would like a hook up or non-hook up pitch. Our VW Campervan has a powerful leisure battery that will recharge as you drive it so if you are driving around Scotland each day, you wont necessarily need to hook up at a campsite. We do however, recommend that you charge the leisure battery every 4 days to give it a good charge. Please note that if you are looking to use the 230v socket in the campervan or have hot water, then you will need to have electric hook up.
Wild Camping in Scotland
Looking for freedom to explore Scotland at your leisure and stop where you like on your road trip Scotland ?
Check out the advise on wild camping for campervans and motorhomes in the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park here for your campervan road trip Scotland.